Vacuum Grade Motors & Resolvers
The vacuum rating for this motors is 10-7 Torr. The internal temperature
rating is 180o C internal and 155o for the case. The bearing
lubricant vapor pressure is below 10-9 Torr at 100o C. This motor is
cleaned and baked, and undergoes a proprietary extraction process to remove contaminants.
It should be handled under clean room conditions with nylon gloves.
VX grade is our premium product offering. It is typically used when even very small amounts of contamination are of concern to the customer. Some applications have been: space based optical systems, semiconductor manufacturing chambers and electron beam equipment.
These products have a vacuum rating of 10-7 Torr and temperature rating of
155o C internal and 130o for the case. The bearing lubricant vapor
pressure is below 10-8 Torr at 100o C. This motor is subjected to an
industrial cleaning process, vacuum baked to encourage outgassing of residual contaminants
and is sealed qin a nylon bag.
VS grade is our "standard" product offering. It is typically used when very clean is good enough. Often the VS grade is selected for vacuum chamber applications where the chamber will be opened frequently, the contamination from the outside air will normally exceed that of the VS grade equipment, so it is deemed suitable for the application.
NOTE: The Standard Grade has recently tested to exceed Class 10 clearn room requirements.
The Commercial Grade had a vacuum rating of 10-6 Torr. These motors are temperature rated at 130o C internal, and 105o for the case. The bearing lubricant vapor pressure is below 10-6 Torr at 100o C. This motor will give off a small quantity of vaporization products and no special handling is required.
Vacuum Rated Motors Have Been Successfully Installed At:
- U.C. Berkeley Space Sciences Lab: satellite testing
- U.C. Santa Cruz, Lick Observatory: telescope instruments
- Arnold A.F.B.: cryogenic motors and resolvers for test equipment
- Optical Coating Labs: space optics cleaner
- Boeing: air lock controls on space station
- Smithsonian Observatory: space based telescope equipment
- Stanford Linear Accelerator: beam line adjustments and experiments
- J.P.L./Hughes: Satellite testing facility
- Space Industries: Solar panel positioners on Wake Shield satellite
- European Space Agency: satellite based scintillator calibration
- CTA Space Systems: satellite inertial guidance adjustment
- NASA/Langley AFB: wind tunnel controls
- Argonne National Labs: servo systems for beam line
Choose a vacuum grade:
|*||Space based optical systems|
|*||Semiconductor manufacturing chambers|
|*||Electron beam equipment|
|. . .|
|*||Experimental chambers subject to frequent openings|
|*||Sputtering and diffusion equipment|
|*||Clean room equipment|
|. . .|